Monday, January 25, 2010

Game store numpties: a rant

While I was in town doing my weekly food shop yesterday, I decided to pop into my local branch of GAME on the off chance that they may have a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions for the PSP. This is a game that I've been meaning to pick up for some time. I do own an imported Greatest Hits version of the PS1 original, but it has a shocking translation, and the PSP has all new CG cut scenes and other extra content.

Anyway, I managed to find one in the pre owned section for £10, which I thought was very reasonable, so I went to pay for it. After about 2 minutes of searching I was then told by the member of staff serving me that they couldn't find the game and therefore couldn't sell it to me. Was I interested in anything else? Um, no, just the game I went in for in the first place. Now there aren't exactly hundreds of PSP games on sale in GAME these days so it wouldn't have taken an incredibly long time to thumb through the whole draw of games to see if it was in the wrong place, but that was obviously too difficult.

This isn't the first time I have had problems with GAME. They've been unable to find the game I have tried to purchase on several occasions before this one, and back on Boxing Day they put a copy of the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance in the box instead of the sequel. Every time something like this happens I wonder why I bother to give them my money (or try to) at all. If it weren't for the fact that I have a gift card and some credit on my reward card I definitely wouldn't be buying Mass Effect 2 from them next weekend, but as it will save me half of the cost of the game it will be silly not to in this case. After that however, I think I shall be sticking to Gamestation until they disappoint me as well, then I guess I shall look exclusively to the Internet to purchase my games.

No comments: