Thursday, October 28, 2004

New Releases - 29/10/04

Okay, it looks like I'm going to have to out this lunchtime so what I will try and do is write some of the new release list now, and some later. Let's get on with it shall me?

PlayStation 2

Driven to Destruction
Ford Racing 3
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Gadget and the Gadgetinis
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge
Knight Rider 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
NBA Live 2005
Powerdrome
Premier Manager 2004/2005
Project Minerva Professional
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Total Club Manager 2005
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue

Wow, the silly season has definitely started in earnest this week! The biggie is of course Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas but personally I'm finding it hard to get excited about it. I never got around the finishing the last two so having three on the go doesn't really appeal to me. If you do buy it, you're virtually assured a good game judging by the strengths of the previous entries to the series. Also possibly-maybe worth a look are Ford Racing 3 and Sly 2: Band of Thieves. I must also mention Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, as one of my closest friends was one of the programmers. Can't wait to try it!

Gamecube

NBA Live 2005

Hmm, a rather different state of affairs in the Nintendo camp, but don't worry Cube owners, PAL versions of Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 2 are too far off now.

Xbox

ESPN NFL 2K5
Ford Racing 3
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
NBA Live 2005
Powerdrome
Scaler
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Total Club Manager 2005

I'd recommend checking out Kingdom Under Fire - it's the sequel to an old PC RTS, but this time the gameplay is more akin to something like Dynasty Warriors with more tactical options thrown in. If you're into you're retro games then check out Midway Arcade Treasures 2, which includes Mortal Kombat 2 (the best game in the series) and many more. Finally, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection is a very good deal. I had bought the PS2 version just as this version was announced, which was extremely annoying as Xbox owners get Street Fighter 3: Third Strike thrown in.

GBA

Duel Masters: Senpai Legends


I'm afraid I haven't got the fogigest what this one is about - but if I had to guess, I'd say it was a card battle game of some kind. Do I win a cookie if I'm right?

PC

Ford Racing 3
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Premier Manager 2004/2005
Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed
The Moment of Silence

Leisure Suit Larry
looks interesting in a tasteless, tacky kind of way, and if I could afford the monthly fees, I would definitely consider getting into Star Wars Galaxies now that star fighters and other ships have been added. It's now much closer to the films it's based on.


Import Corner - nothing noteworthy this week I'm afraid!

So there you go. I hope there's something amongst that lot that will keep you happy. With any luck, I'll be back tomorrow with another post.



No comments: